- 175g Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Lemons
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Poppy Seeds
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 150°c and completely grease your loaf tin.
- Beat butter until light and creamy before adding sugar and beating until almost white.
- Whisk in eggs and the zest of both lemons, one by one. With the last egg also add a spoonful of flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, poppyseed and yogurt.
- Bake for 1hr 10mins before removing and leaving to cool for ten minutes in tin.
- Turn out of tin, poke small holes all over cake and add the juice of one lemon.
- OPTIONAL – I like a crunchy topping on my loaf cake so take the juice of the second lemon and add icing sugar to create a simple water icing, i then pour this all over my cake whilst on a baking rack to run off.