There is nothing worse then waking up with no money and no food in the house. Being brought up by chefs I’ve often been able to scrape up a meal from nothing, and this recipe is no different.
This cinnamon cookie recipe was created from the bare basics in my cupboard and decorated with a lemon drizzle and a little honey as it was what was in my kitchen.
Its a recipe that is easy to mould to what you have in the bare cupboards as long as the butter and sugar is in ratio and you have enough flour to form a dough. Enjoy my recipe, i hope it cheers you up as much as it cheered me up when i was desperately looking for some tasty treats.
Cinnamon Cookies with a Lemon Drizzle:
- 150g Icing Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Honey for drizzle
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth. Add the cinnamon and mix together until completely spread and combined.
2. Add flour tablespoon by tablespoon until the mixture becomes a firm dough.
3. Divide into walnut size balls before placing on a floured baking tray and squashing down with two fingers. Bake at 180c for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Juice 1 lemon and combine with icing sugar bit by bit until a thick water icing is created. You may need less icing sugar then you think dependant on the amount of juice you get from the lemon.
5. Once the biscuits are cooled drizzle liberally with lemon drizzle before adding a honey drizzle over the top. Place in the fridge until icing is solid.