- 125g plain flour
- 75g Butter
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 Box of Royal Icing
- Food Colouring of choice (pick a variety)
1. Preheat your oven to 180c and butter and flour you baking trays.
2. Beat together your butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Sift
in the flour and mix until a dough forms.
3. Roll the dough to 1/2cm thick. and use a medium sized piping bag nozzle to cut out your biscuits ( a bottle cap would work to make larger biscuits). Transfer them all to your baking trays. I managed to produce 70-80 biscuits, i made two batches when i baked because i love them so much!
4. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Leave to cool.
6. Produce your icing to a thick consistency. I added half the water suggested on my box and added the rest bit by bit until it was pipable consistency. Split this up into bowls, one for each of your choice of colours.
7. Add a drop or two of food colouring to each bowl. Pour each colour into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe a nice thick splodge on top of each biscuit. Try to get an equal amount of each colour.
8. Place them in the fridge to go hard. Then place in an air tight container, they will last in room temperature for around 3-5 days depending on the seal of the box/ jar.