To celebrate the completion of my winter coursework, i spent the day yesterday baking cake!
I went with a Lemon and Poppyseed Loaf, both at the request of my boyfriend and because its the first cake i ever baked alone and i love the recipe. Its also perfect with a cup of tea and a book which is how i spent my evening.
I’ve long forgotten where i got the recipe from but it is a perfect recipe for me, with a long slow bake to allow me to get other stuff done; i submitted other uni work whilst doing laundry as my cake baked.
Lemon and Poppy Seed Loaf
- 175g Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Lemons
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Poppy Seeds
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 150°c and completely grease your loaf tin.
- Beat butter until light and creamy before adding sugar and beating until almost white.
- Whisk in eggs and the zest of both lemons, one by one. With the last egg also add a spoonful of flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, poppyseed and yogurt.
- Bake for 1hr 10mins before removing and leaving to cool for ten minutes in tin.
- Turn out of tin, poke small holes all over cake and add the juice of one lemon.
- OPTIONAL – I like a crunchy topping on my loaf cake so take the juice of the second lemon and add icing sugar to create a simple water icing, i then pour this all over my cake whilst on a baking rack to run off.
2 thoughts on “Coursework and Cake”
Wow, amazing blog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for? you made blogging glance easy. The whole glance of your site is wonderful, let alone the content material!
It will be two years in March since i started blogging! Wow time has flown. Thank you for you kind comments,